Need some feedback - Page 2 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-08-2017, 03:25 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughsox View Post
The I5 was a decent motor. Im sure with the age of yours, all the silly crap was already taken care of....if not by the last owner than hopefully the one before him.
But, if this guy changed the coils and not the plugs, Id bet my last dollar he never changed the fuel filter, which can cause a half hour of grief. Might want to check/change that for the hell of it to avoid any problems in that aspect down the road.
I had a 2007 Colorado with the i5. IIRC the filter was in the tank. Not really serviceable? Not sure....

But yes, agreed, change the fuel filter if you can. It is an often overlooked maintenance item for sure. A real fuel pump killer too if you ask me. (not to mention drivability problems to be avoided)

Sent from the butt crack of California.
2016 Colorado 4x4 CC SB V6
AS level/lift 2.5" w/1" rear block, diff drop
275/70-17 Cooper AT3 on MotoMetal 970s
Scary, evil, black, warranty voiding catch can from the devil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-08-2017, 03:29 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeathBar1 View Post
I will go get a new fuel filter and change it tom and see where that gets me..I'm also going to replace the belt. One thing I found odd was the rubber hose under the intake manifold connected to top of engine beside the last coil pack was very very dry rotted an local part stores had to order it so I had some spare 1/2 in heater hose from working on my project jeep and replaced it so I'm trying to just do the simple things I know of before it leads to something bigger down rd. I'm currently in electrical school so I need it to last me atleast 3 more years driving 80 miles round trip 3x a week. Again thank you for your all help and time. I do not have a scanner that will give me voltage feedback I'll see if I can't find a budget one on amazon good idea granite blue

heath
That hose just might be your O2 code. Was it a lean code? If so that thing is probably leaking a little (or a lot) Either way a new O2 (upstream one) is not a bad idea with high mileage. They do wear out.
HeathBar1 likes this.

Sent from the butt crack of California.
2016 Colorado 4x4 CC SB V6
AS level/lift 2.5" w/1" rear block, diff drop
275/70-17 Cooper AT3 on MotoMetal 970s
Scary, evil, black, warranty voiding catch can from the devil
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-08-2017, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JScottM View Post
I had a 2007 Colorado with the i5. IIRC the filter was in the tank. Not really serviceable? Not sure....

But yes, agreed, change the fuel filter if you can. It is an often overlooked maintenance item for sure. A real fuel pump killer too if you ask me. (not to mention drivability problems to be avoided)
On 2004 intro models and 2005 there was an external fuel filter under the truck on the inside lateral frame. Pretty sure it was on and just about below the passenger side. On 2006 and up . . . no more external fuel filter, just the one in the tank for the fuel pump.
JScottM and HeathBar1 like this.

2017 2WD Colorado LT V6 CCSB Luxury & Convenience Pkgs, Black/Ashen Gray Leather, Bullet Bedliner, ARE cap.

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-08-2017, 01:07 PM Thread Starter

I'll get out there and start looking for the filter today thanks alot

heath
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode