LATEST P0300 FIX, NEW HEAD & EXT. WARRANTY Updated 08/18 - Page 3 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 788 (permalink) Old 04-01-2006, 03:39 PM
Senior Administrator

Garage
Hey turbizzy, I can do it faster than anyone, BFH! 5 minutes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 788 (permalink) Old 04-01-2006, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to turbizzy
Shoot with a BFH, you can dissasembly almost anything in 5 minutes. Now reassembly is another story.

Izzy 2005 Black CrewCab SS wannabe
post #43 of 788 (permalink) Old 04-01-2006, 09:48 PM
Senior Administrator

Garage
Yeah that's the part I have the most problems with, I can't figure why it never works!
post #44 of 788 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 03:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to Paulorado
I took my truck in yesterday for this problem. The dealer called me and told me that I had cylinder missfires. Then he said that in some bulletin it said it might be caused my an aftermarket alarm. Is that even possible? I have remotestart but would that effect anything or is he just BSing?

SoCal Trucks
Z71 4x4 CrewCab Silver 4.10
My Gallery
My Cardomain Site
post #45 of 788 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 08:09 PM

hey turbizzy I see the white sticker behind the head but I can't see the number. I was reading that you said that trucks built before 4/13/05 might have had the problem... I bought my truck about 4-19-05....sometimes my truck stumbles....sound like the valves?
post #46 of 788 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 09:25 PM

Turbizzy -

Ok, got mine back and put a solid day on it! NIGHT AND DAY...
WHOOO WEEEE! I love my truck even more than the day I bought it! The power is back!! No more steering wheel vibrations, AT ALL!! Can you tell I am happy? :D

Total cost $4,600 to GM (w/o rental $$)

Hey if you are interested in the service slip I can scan it in and send it to ya.
post #47 of 788 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 03:29 AM Thread Starter

Sorry for the late response guys, for some reason i didn't receive an email notification.

Canyon04Z71: right on man, glad to hear that all is normal again. Sure feels good when someone else, especially the professional, fixes anything for free huh?

Um what slip are you talking about? If you mean like your receipt then no thanks, it most likely won't show what all time GM covers. Usually only the dealer sees these numbers. Ill just look it up. We just did a 2.8L head today and it took my buddy 17 hours from start to finish. Thats gotta be a record!

Paulorado: I can't really say whats causing your problems other than the typical new head issue. I really don't think your aftermarket remote start has anything to do with it but who knows how the installer wired it up. Most likely nah. The advisor may or may not be BSing he/she may just not know much about it thats all. Advisors are trained to look for aftermarket stuff when it comes to electrical/driveability issues for the simple fact that if in fact something the owner added did cause an issue, the dealer would loose out cuz GM would not reimburst the dealer for time/money spent on repair. Basically its like covering their azz. But i suggest just leaving it there as long as they need it, don't rush them, tell the advisor your friend is a GM tech and he heard that the heads have issues with valves.... things like that. Just don't go in there like you know it all, we get tons of those people and often they don't know squat!

post #48 of 788 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 11:27 PM

I would think that your combustion temps are not hot enough to burn the fuel completly. 89 is suppose to run fine, maybe the fuel is just to poor.

Remember that if you have an intake on your engine i believe that it would be running your truck richer then it should be. But somthing like this could be caused by several things. It's one of those thigs that are hard to pin down.

I guess i would take your truck somewhere to have the injection system cleaned. That would help in cleaning a bit.
post #49 of 788 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 11:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02specv
Something I've always wondered...what is the firing order for the I5?
OH yea I looked it up. Firing order is 1-3-5-4-2 for the 3.5 1-3-4-2 for the 2.8

post #50 of 788 (permalink) Old 04-09-2006, 05:52 PM
Sab

Fantastic pics. I'm impressed with the hemispherical squish area, dual overhead cams, and the roller rockers! It's quite a sophisticated powerplant in my opinion! Thanks for taking the time to get those photos turbizzy!!! :D

2006 Canyon ZQ8

A Few Dirt Bikes

post #51 of 788 (permalink) Old 04-09-2006, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

Glad I could help. Ill update the pics with better quality ones the next time we do another head, those were with my camera phone and are kinda cheesy.

post #52 of 788 (permalink) Old 04-09-2006, 10:03 PM

Send a message via AIM to LOWZONE

EWWWWWWWWW....FRAM oil filter.......i call ABUSE!!!! i was a DIE HARD fan of FRAM filters too. I go with OEM or Pure 1 filters now.

2006 Canyon Crewcab I4 5 speed 2wd
STILL FOR SALE $11000 firm
white black interior 3.73
GMPP to 75k 0 ded. bumper to bumper
under 23k miles, service date March 30 06. new head done, synthetic since first oil change....mobil 1
18s with ZQ suspension and reflex shocks and Belltech rear swaybar
post #53 of 788 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 05:13 AM Thread Starter

OEM = Can't ever go wrong

post #54 of 788 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 05:14 AM
CALI-BOSS

With OEM, GM can't fault it for warranty work either

post #55 of 788 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 05:58 AM
jax

Send a message via AIM to jax Send a message via MSN to jax Send a message via Yahoo to jax
Im going to try to let my truck idle for about 1 hour to see if i can get it to throw a code. Mine stumbles sometimes but never throws the code. Also get horrible milage 12 city and like 16-17 highway. Dealership wont look into my truck any further because of my dynomax muffler.

04 Ext Cab Colorado ZQ8 LS. Summit white, PCMforLess tune, Volant CAI & Ram Air scoop ( 1st one ot have it ), Denso ITV16 Iridium spark plugs, Bedrug, Truxedo Lo-Pro, Dynomax super turbo muffler ,2 inch drop in the back, 3 piece billet grill, custom dual siren dual horn alarm.
post #56 of 788 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 12:34 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to racerXdjn
I have been watching a few H3 forums and this problem is starting to pop up on alot of the early build 2006 H3's. they seem to be having a hard time getting the new head and parts in.

06 Z71 Crew Cab I5 4X4 Sunburst Orange Metallic
Sun and sound, Bed rail caps, Truck Tec Tonno
Bug shield, TB's adjusted, H3 Wheels and tires 265/75R16
99 Astro
Retired: 79’ regal, 85' Monte SS, 87’ Fiero GT, 90’ GTZ, 87’ Iroc, 98’ Jimmy, 92’ firebird, 95’ Z28, 02 Z28, 04 GTP Comp-G, 01 WS6,
post #57 of 788 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax
Im going to try to let my truck idle for about 1 hour to see if i can get it to throw a code. Mine stumbles sometimes but never throws the code. Also get horrible milage 12 city and like 16-17 highway. Dealership wont look into my truck any further because of my dynomax muffler.
It is certainly worth your time and gas to do this. This is exactly how I threw the code, and you need the misfire code to get in the delearship!!
post #58 of 788 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 03:34 PM
jax

Send a message via AIM to jax Send a message via MSN to jax Send a message via Yahoo to jax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyon04Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by jax
It is certainly worth your time and gas to do this. This is exactly how I threw the code, and you need the misfire code to get in the delearship!!

True. Dealership wont even look into it without a code. i wonder if there is a way to make the code appear manually?

04 Ext Cab Colorado ZQ8 LS. Summit white, PCMforLess tune, Volant CAI & Ram Air scoop ( 1st one ot have it ), Denso ITV16 Iridium spark plugs, Bedrug, Truxedo Lo-Pro, Dynomax super turbo muffler ,2 inch drop in the back, 3 piece billet grill, custom dual siren dual horn alarm.
post #59 of 788 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax
True. Dealership wont even look into it without a code. i wonder if there is a way to make the code appear manually?
Disconnect the fuel injector on cylinder #2 or the ignition... I dunno, those were the first things they checked on my truck. I dont advice this, strictly hypothetical talk. Turbizzy is going to chew us out on this one. Try running it at idle like you said.. It sounds like you have the symptoms... I rolled out of the shop and another '04 Canyon rolled in behind me with the misfire and they have the new head on order for the guy.
post #60 of 788 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 11:58 PM
CALI-BOSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax
When my MAF sensor wire came loose and caused the 2nd o2 to fail, I noticed it was high intake temps (above 110°F) that made the CEL come on. Try idling with the air cleaner cover off and hood closed to speed things up.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode