Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Commerce Twp, MI
Welcome to the forum :)
I've got an '04 that I bought new at the end of '03. Currently has ~157k miles on it. Here's my responses:
1) Absolutely not. I'd prefer it if they'd offer a six speed in the newer ones, but that's just because I do a decent amount of towing, nothing against the engine. I use mine to tow a 12' enclosed trailer with motorcycles in it.
2) I haven't experienced this other than reading about it on here, so I'm probably not the best person to answer that.
3) There was a design change, but I'm not sure whether that completely resolved it or not. Again, no personal experience, so probably not the best person to ask.
4) Absolutely. If the current style Colorado was in production in 2015, I'd likely purchase one to replace my 04....not convinced of the new design, though, and haven't heard what engines will be available, so I'm waiting to see how that works out.
5) GMC tends to just have different option packages, and a higher price tag. No real reason to avoid a GMC in favor of a Chevy or vice-versa, if you find one with the options you want at a price you're willing to spend, go for it.
Last edited by naskie18; 08-01-2011 at 03:46 PM.