Guns - Page 5 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 69Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 92 (permalink) Old 01-22-2017, 01:33 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarch View Post
Anyone installed a holster inside of center console. If so, how did you attach it? I don't want to use thru screws.
amarch
Quote:
Originally Posted by vigil View Post
Thanks Chief. That was the way to go.

Mods... maybe this thread should be merged into the larger Guns titled one Chief referenced that is already 4 pages long?
Merging into the appropriate thread!

Amarch, please use the search function next time!

2015 Colorado Red Rock Metallic CC Long Bed Z71 4x4
-Mods So Far: Rally Armor UR Plus Flaps, Yellow Tinted Fog Lights, Access Vanish Cover, Linex, EGR Matte Black Wind Deflectors, P3 Brake Controller, MBRP Stainless Steel Cat-Back, Anzo LED Tail-lights, Uniden Bearcat 880 CB w/3' Firestik, Falken ATw3 Wildpeak 265/65R17 tires

Self Diagnosed RC Car/Truck Addict

Site Rules
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 92 (permalink) Old 01-22-2017, 11:00 AM

You can sure tell the Moderator doesn't like guns. How is this not in the interior truck section. Get a clue
post #83 of 92 (permalink) Old 01-22-2017, 12:38 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbpoe View Post
Love my console vault...wish they paid commission...I've had like 10 friends and co-workers that bought them after seeing mine.
Agreed Console Vault is the best way to go. I am the same way not ten friends but two of my buddies got them.

Chevrolet Colorado: 2015 - 2016

"Donorado"

2016 Colorado Red Hot Z71
4x4, Crew Cab, Short Bed, 3.6 V6 w/Trifecta Tune Advantage
post #84 of 92 (permalink) Old 01-22-2017, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shs11588 View Post
If this violates any rules I apologize. I was wondering if anyone has found some good solutions for their firearms in their new trucks? I'm in the market for a mountable holster to mount at the driver side of the center console, (next to the drivers right knee) so also seeking some recommendations or pictures of what you use. I always carry in the "4o'clock" position making it nearly impossible to get to with a seatbelt on. Thanks for any input.

And I am not posting this for a political debate so hopefully we don't turn it into that.
I personally carry a small pistol so I just toss it in there in a my pocket holster. Works for me.

I wonder if there is a magnetic solution that would help?

Sent from the butt crack of California.
2016 Colorado 4x4 CC SB V6
AS level/lift 2.5" w/1" rear block, diff drop
275/70-17 Cooper AT3 on MotoMetal 970s
Scary, evil, black, warranty voiding catch can from the devil
post #85 of 92 (permalink) Old 01-22-2017, 01:55 PM

Maxpedition universal holster and mag carrier. Fits any pistol I have and holds my streamlight stinger as well.

'16 Z71 CC/SB Minimax. Brownstone. 5" SS boards, Quad fold tonneau, Wheel well flares. Spray in liner, swing out tool boxes, Bose & Nav. Weathertech vent shades, floor liners and mud flaps.
post #86 of 92 (permalink) Old 01-22-2017, 09:04 PM

How did you mount that Maxpedition holster? 3m tape?

2016 Colorado Duramax
post #87 of 92 (permalink) Old 01-22-2017, 09:12 PM

Guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxTigers89 View Post
How did you mount that Maxpedition holster? 3m tape?

4 1/2" #8 hex washer head screws such as used to screw gutters together. . Drilled pilot holes the size of the screw shank. This is the 20th or do truck I've put those in in the past 10 years. I do them on all of the shop trucks too . Not one cracked piece of trim or pulled fastener, even holding big all steel 1911's and p226's with 20 round mags in hard riding class 8's I'll get pics of the screw location tomorrow if you want. I have them where they offer the most support but won't scratch the pistol.

'16 Z71 CC/SB Minimax. Brownstone. 5" SS boards, Quad fold tonneau, Wheel well flares. Spray in liner, swing out tool boxes, Bose & Nav. Weathertech vent shades, floor liners and mud flaps.

Last edited by Esoxchaser; 01-22-2017 at 09:15 PM.
post #88 of 92 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esoxchaser View Post
4 1/2" #8 hex washer head screws such as used to screw gutters together. . Drilled pilot holes the size of the screw shank. This is the 20th or do truck I've put those in in the past 10 years. I do them on all of the shop trucks too . Not one cracked piece of trim or pulled fastener, even holding big all steel 1911's and p226's with 20 round mags in hard riding class 8's I'll get pics of the screw location tomorrow if you want. I have them where they offer the most support but won't scratch the pistol.
Thanks for the guide! This setup works great, my XDS is secure which was my biggest concern. All for around $14 bucks, can't beat it.
Esoxchaser likes this.

2016 Colorado Duramax
post #89 of 92 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 05:46 PM

Installed a "Texas Custom Holster" after seeing someone else on here with one. Sig Sauer P290. It looks great, is very secure, doesn't get in my way, keeps the trigger covered. It sticks out just enough to remind me that it is there but not enough to get in the way. Installed w 3 included screws, not bolts, so the console did not have to come off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015 Silver Colorado Z71
-Blacked out bowties -Air-dam delete
-Front light bar in grill -Red Tow Hooks
-1.25" front level -265/70/17 BFG KO2s
-Husky Mudflaps -Bedrug
-VHF Antenna Install -USB/12v bed plugs
-LED Interior -LED reverse, cargo
-Tekonsha P3 TBC
post #90 of 92 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 09:47 AM

Garage
I bought this and so far so good. I'm liking it right now for its easy install w/ no screw holes or real alterations.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Excuse the dusty center console... that plastic in the dry winter seems to generate its own dust that it attracts so quick!

That is a S&W Bodyguard .380 in a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster. I am using the standard sized holster holder.

Came with a handful of removable 3M glue strips. So far its holding up, though its only been a day. Will be interesting to see how the glue holds up in a black truck, w/ black leather interior, in the center console, on a scorching hot August day.

Installed it yesterday in <30° weather after warming up the truck interior. Used a quick rubbing alcohol rub down on the surfaces to receive the glue strip.

Stuck it on and let it sit overnight, they recommend not using for at least one hour after installing.

Solid hold, easy to put it in and remove it.

One thing I'll do at some point, is remove it and round over the edges. The edges of the fingers that stick out are hard plastic and sharp. Without a holster in it those edges WILL easily scratch your hand if reaching in for something else.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RearView_empty_small.jpg (91.4 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg TopDown_empty_small.jpg (203.1 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg RearView_w_380_&_pocketHolster_small.jpg (102.5 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg TopDown_w_380_&_pocketHolster_small.jpg (213.5 KB, 34 views)
WHEELBURNS and Baybilly like this.

2016 Canyon SLT CC LB 4x4; Black on Black; Bose/Navi; Safety System Package; Factory spray on bed liner; Extang 2.0 Solid Fold; stick on window visors; OEM all weather floor mats
post #91 of 92 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 09:53 PM

Garage
Magnet Mount Center Console

Leased 2017 Colorado
I had previously purchased a set of magnets from the NRAstore.com. I cut off the end tabs and mounted the magnets to the inside left of center console with 3M exterior mount tape. See Pictures. This allows me to mount my handgun (G26) muzzle down so I can keep it handy. I will mount another magnet or 2 for magazines after I live with this for a while.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0129.JPG (47.6 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0130.JPG (49.6 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0131.JPG (70.9 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0139.JPG (106.0 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0140.JPG (40.7 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0143.JPG (49.6 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0144.JPG (50.7 KB, 29 views)
Vinolush likes this.

Last edited by shilly; 02-21-2017 at 10:02 PM.
post #92 of 92 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 10:35 PM

Garage
When I get a little bit thinner gun, I will be trying one of these out: https://stokerco.com/collections/fro...er-car-holster

My state's law allows concealed carry in a vehicle without a CCW or CHP as an extension of our "Castle Doctrine". But it must be concealed or else you could be liable for carrying in an area that prohibits open carry. I figure this solution would allow my pistol to remain concealed and still permit me to draw it in a motion I am already familiar with. In my case, strong side hip or thigh ride.

I have tried concealing my pistol the center console, but I had a hard time opening up the lid, swinging my right arm out of the way to the lid could open fully, drawing my pistol and presenting it on either my reaction or strong side in a smooth motion that was repeatable. Just didn't work for me.

" I don't fail, I succeed in finding what doesn't work." -C. Titus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode