Beer Nerds - What are you drinking/Brewing? - Page 3 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 09:37 AM

The thing is, my son was stationed in Germany longer than I did (lucky him); me, had few weeks during XMas, enough to hang around the "Gluehwein" stands. He was the one that went on the Recon Mission... I might tag along next event for kicks and grins.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-15-2017, 10:56 AM

Wife and I visited 3 breweries yesterday; Outer Light in Groton CT, Beer'd brewing in Stonington CT, and Grey Sail in Westerly Rhode Island. All had good beers. My favorite was a double IPA named Dogs and Boats from Beer'd. Also enjoyed Captain's Daughter from Grey Sail and Lonesome Boatman at Outer Light. All 3 breweries are near the New London Submarine base and museum where the Nautilus was built. Do the tour before imbibing, or the water will be on the inside of the submarine.

Ordered 11/10/14: 2015 Colorado LT EC,4wd, Red Rock Metallic, Conv and Luxury package, G80, Bose & Nav, 18" dark argent wheels, black assist steps, bed mat, bed divider, tow package.
Event status 3000 12/15/14. Still at 3000 12/29/14. Status 3000 01/05/15. Status 3000 01/12/15. Status 3400 no VIN or TPW 01/17/15. Got VIN, and waiting transportation 01/27/15. On the train 02/04/15. At dealer 02/13/15, taking delivery 02/18/15; 100 days stock to dock.
post #43 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-15-2017, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
This idea was spurred off another forum - and I thought...what the heck!
(Disclaimer - this thread DOES NOT promote or encourage drinking & driving. Please read and respond only when you are safe at home and can drink until you pass out - lol).

We are in a 'Craft Brew' age - unlike any other. There are sooo many beers to taste, its overwhelming!! GONE - are my taste for the Coors, Bud, Miller and all of the mass produced beers. Granted - Coors light was my favorite in college. LOL

I don't know about you guys... but we've used a couple different APPS to help keep track (and rate) beers we've had. Currently.... we're using the APP "UnTappd" which seems to be a winner (or us). BeerAdvocate is a nice site - I haven't used it much.

I currently have tried 478 different beers .....I'm not much into the hoppy beers but I'll try anything once. My husband likes the hoppy beers.

What's your Beer Nerd story?
Oh, Anyone from (or near) Waterbury Vermont near the Alchemist Brewery?
Apparently, this is one of the best beers on the planet (according to some beer snobs we know) and is very difficult to get. May need to plan a trip up yonder. :)
I'm been on the IPA tip for a few years now. I'm not to big on the high AC ones, but I like Sam Adams and Lagunitas. "Lagunitas Sucks" and "Brown Suga substitute" are good. Most of the guys that work for me are Bud drinkers, so that's pretty much the default, though I'd rather have Bud Ice. Coors light gives me diarrhea the next day guaranteed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode