New Society (generation) vs Old Society (generation) - Page 2 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-28-2017, 02:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payload View Post
I just told some whippersnapper to get of my lawn!

The culture is subject to change with time. This is natural and to be expected.
Few of us forage and hunt for our meals.
Almost none of us carry a club or drag our spouses around by the hair.
Most of us have central heat, indoor plumbing and power.

I concur completely with OP's rant and enjoyed it. But be careful...it is too easy to fall in to the trap of comparing generational differences.

The solution is to grit your teeth, take a deep breath and force yourself to "hang" with those much younger than your chronological peer group. It is stimulating and enables one to keep a proper perspective on the aging process and stay mentally "young". After all, discussing chronic health problems with your age group is self defeating and boring.

This is a great Forum. You never can anticipate what you are going to read next.
Keep it coming and keep on trucking.
Great reading from everyone!!

I don't have any kids myself, so I have no knowledge of the 'insider' school age peeps world other than what I see/read/hear (mostly) on the internet - which, is a lot of BS anyway. LOL

History does repeat itself, but you'd think we'd learn from the past and make things 'better'? Sometimes it feels like we're going backwards.

I hate taking pictures of myself (or anyone taking pictures of me). Nobody cares what I eat for dinner. If I do take & post a photo of myself, it always has my husband right beside me - it's ALL about US. There is no ....ME in a sense that - in my opinion - if you're always thinking about yourself, then you're not putting enough emphasis and respect on those around you. Relationships - are made and kept by love, laughter, respect, and thinking of THEM.

Your upbringing has a lot to do with your behaviors - however - outside exposures also play an important roll. How many of us...Our parents lectured us that *drugs are bad* - but all that went out the window as soon as you went to the school dance and met your friends by the dumpster for a few drags/puffs. LOL

A few years ago, I cringed when I saw that my own nephew (18 years old) didn't know how to operate a microwave oven. Reminds me of my father who fumbles around when he visits...He's 84 years old and has a damn good excuse to fumble. I cringe when I see teenagers struggling with giving out change working at a cash register. I cringe when I see kids riding their bicycles all over the place (both sides, in the middle - where ever - not paying attention to traffic). When people walk out in the streets without looking - and they think " I have the right of way" - Sure....but if the driver doesn't SEE YOU, that 4,000lb vehicle doesn't care.

.... like most things.....we tend to only see/read/hear about the 'negativity' and far less of the positive and make assumptions. I know there are 'positive' , hard working, respectful, people in every generation. I just wish they weren't so invisible.

God only knows...we need more POSITIVITY in the world.

www.lieblweb.com
2016 GMC Canyon
2015 Infinity QX70s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-28-2017, 05:15 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post

.... like most things.....we tend to only see/read/hear about the 'negativity' and far less of the positive and make assumptions. I know there are 'positive' , hard working, respectful, people in every generation. I just wish they weren't so invisible.
The unfortunate thing is though, positively and good outcomes don't make the media/advertisers any money...
CaryBosse and Janster like this.

2015 Colorado Red Rock Metallic CC Long Bed Z71 4x4
-Mods So Far: Rally Armor UR Plus Flaps, Yellow Tinted Fog Lights, Access Vanish Cover, Linex, EGR Matte Black Wind Deflectors, P3 Brake Controller, MBRP Stainless Steel Cat-Back, Anzo LED Tail-lights, Uniden Bearcat 880 CB w/3' Firestik, Falken ATw3 Wildpeak 265/65R17 tires

Self Diagnosed RC Car/Truck Addict

Site Rules
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Cat ZRT View Post
The unfortunate thing is though, positively and good outcomes don't make the media/advertisers any money...
You got that right.....and is a damn shame.

www.lieblweb.com
2016 GMC Canyon
2015 Infinity QX70s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode