Ultimate Static Drop FAQ, How To's, Part #s and Helpful Info - Page 4 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 02:03 PM

Re: Ultimate Static Drop FAQ, How To's, Part #s and Helpful Info

The info for Monroe shocks needs to be updated. The Front Reflex (931353) has been discontinued, and replaced with Sensa-Trac (71353).

Also, it would be appreciated if someone could post the part number for S10 Rear Sensa-Tracs that match stock length.

05 Colorado Z85 LS Ext Cab (I5 M5) in Sunburst Orange :)
02 Honda VTX 1800C
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puzzel
The info for Monroe shocks needs to be updated. The Front Reflex (931353) has been discontinued, and replaced with Sensa-Trac (71353).

Also, it would be appreciated if someone could post the part number for S10 Rear Sensa-Tracs that match stock length.
Excellent! Thanks for the update.

I'm sure one of the mods will be in shortly to update the initial post.

BTW, are you running the Sensa-trac's on yours? I'm curious as to how they ride compared to stock.

Grounded Member #55

My Car Domain
post #63 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrcn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puzzel

Excellent! Thanks for the update.

I'm sure one of the mods will be in shortly to update the initial post.

BTW, are you running the Sensa-trac's on yours? I'm curious as to how they ride compared to stock.
I'm not running Sensa-Tracs yet, but will be ordering them this weekend.

I found a part number for the S10 Rears (37021 ??), but wanted to verify with someone that is running them already.

Edit:
Monroe Sensa-Trac Rear Part #37021
This fits 1994-2005 S10 Rear 2wd & 4wd, so it should be a match for the Colorado. I'm ordering a set this weekend to find out.

05 Colorado Z85 LS Ext Cab (I5 M5) in Sunburst Orange :)
02 Honda VTX 1800C

post #64 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 08:55 AM

Ok i am wanting to lower my friends 04 extended cab Colorado. I want a 4/5 drop

for the front i want to use djm control arms but how can i get the other inch. I heard the control arms only lower it 3 inches.

For the rear i want 3in leafs and 2in blocks. Will i have ot have a frame notch? I am going to have to piece this kit together and want to make sure i get everything. thanks
post #65 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 09:38 AM
CALI-BOSS

You can either get the Belltech Pro Coil kit, which includes 2" drop coils and 1" spacers, or the Belltech 0"-1" drop shocks for the front.

For the rear you will definitely need to notch the frame. Otherwise the frame will be riding on the axle.

post #66 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 01:18 PM

Ok i will do the djm control arms and belltechs 1in drop shock for four inches in the front.

I called belltech tech support and they told me i would not need to notch if i did 3in leafs and 2in blocks for a 5inch drop. I do not want to notch the frame. Could a do the 5in drop with out notching just it will ride ruff as hell. Or do a 4in drop and not worry about the notch.

What about drop shocks for the rear? Where can i get them?

Also i am worried about the transmission crommeber. will it need to be modified with this much of a drop.

Thanks
post #67 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 08:33 PM
CALI-BOSS

Yes, you will sit on the axle with 5" drop in the rear. A 4" drop will have the frame slapping the axle on bumps and dips without a notch. There are many drop shocks available on the market but from my personal experience, QA1 adjustable shocks are the best. I am running QA1 adjustable coilovers up front and adjustable shocks in the rear.

You will need to replace the transmission crossmember with a flushmount style. The least expensive model made by a manufacturer is the JagsThatRun.com (JTR) crossmember.

post #68 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 11:37 PM

sick info. what 2/3 drop set up would give the best ride? do different drop shocks have better ride quality than others?
post #69 of 79 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010, 10:44 PM

i only heard of belltech....

06 xtreme[img]/img]
post #70 of 79 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 10:57 AM

Hey Guys

I bought my truck about a year ago and it was already lowered by the previous owner. I found out that they didnt replace any of the shocks when they lowered it so the front is pretty bouncy and the back only has 2-3 inches of travel before its hitting the stops. So some new shocks are definately a must.

I have been researching the QA1 shocks ever since I found DBNissan's writup on them. I have everything all lined up to buy them but I dont know how they will work because I already had a DJM lowering kit with new control arms up front from the previous owner. I want the adjustability that the QA1's offer but I dont really want to go much lower (at least not at this point in time ). As far as I can tell the DJM control arms just move the wheel up in the wheel well and allow the stock shocks to still be used.

If I installed the QA1's would I be able to adjust the height up to keep my front end from scraping on the ground? Also wound I still be able to use the belltech shocks that DBNissan used on his install?

From what I have read the rear shocks will work with the 3 inch blocks so I'm not too worried about those (but if anybody knows of any problems with those then please let me know).

Thanks for the Help!
post #71 of 79 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 09:01 PM
CALI-BOSS

You can run the DJM control arms and bell tech coils with the QA1 adjustable coilovers. However, you cannot set the coilover too low otherwise the adjustment knob on the QA1s will hit the control arm and get damaged.

post #72 of 79 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 12:50 PM

ok i am starting to get a headache reading all the different ways to lower my truck...

here is what is going on. i have a zq8 extended cab with blown front shocks. if i had the dealer do the job, it would cost about $500 for them to replace the shocks. i would like to lower my truck 2" in the front, and 3" in the rear.

first the front: since i already have to replace the shocks, what is the best way to lower the front. i would like to keep the cost reasonable, and still be comfortable. (i see coilover shocks in there, but i cant believe it is that much for 1 pair. i could lower all four corners of my corrado for less then these.) would it be best to just replace the factory shocks and use ball joints to lower it?

next the rear: how comfortable are lowering blocks? can you tell a difference in ride?

also once i am lowered, will i need to notch, or shim anything?

thanks guys. sorry for the noob-ish questions, but it gets a little overwhelming with z85's, zq8's, ext. cab, reg. cab, the "chevy-lean".......
post #73 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-06-2010, 11:25 PM

I used the Doetsch Kit. It came with front coils, rear blocks, and rear shock absorbers. I had never heard of the company until a friend recommended it. So far, so good. No complaints. I see a lot of the usual "big name brands" on here, but don't sleep on Doetsch! Good product, good price. It's worth noting, by the way, that I didn't like the 2/4 combo and instead I opted for a 2/3 drop.

http://www.doetsch-shocks.com/
post #74 of 79 (permalink) Old 04-18-2011, 10:24 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to aj16

isnt the z71 package just a 3" lift, fender flares and fog lights?

05 Colorado Z85 crew cab 2wd
Blazer fog lights
K&N 57 series CAI
coming soon...Suspension Maxx leveling kit and 31x10.50x15 BFG's, and a PCM for less tune.
post #75 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012, 01:07 AM

putting together some info on c-notches.
frame notch c sections
Anybody know how much room that will give me? (5/7 drop is hopeful)

07 Honda Civic LX 5spd FA5
05 Colorado z85 2wd ext cab Totaled http://coloradofans.com/forums/79-sa...ml#post2118954
post #76 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 11:03 PM

Hi all, after much reading and researching for two weeks on lowering my new 2012 crew cab colorado LT I think I might have it right. just a few simple things if anyone could clarify a few things for me. But first my objective:

lower it 2/3 without so much the sacrifice of ride comfort.

I'm in the process of ordering QA1 Coilovers and springs with 12x500 spring rate for the fronts and QA1 shocks in the rear and all coming from NAAKE along with 3" belltech drop blocks. I went with coilovers due to that infamous lean everyone was talking about even though I seem to have been mislead by "thesuspensionsource.com" that I won't have any issues with the chevy lean. My question: is this all that I need? reason I ask is after more reading I read somewhere about the belltech 3" leafs for the rear in order to keep the ride comfort... Do I need the shocks, drop blocks and leafs or just shocks and blocks...? Do I have to do something with the stock leafs if I just go with the QA1 rear shocks with belltech blocks? Please help... I've always owned cars and this is my first truck so please pardon the ignorance. I do try to research as much as possible but there were a few times where the more I read the more I got confused. Thanks in Advance
post #77 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 11:19 PM

Exclamation

Bump: Anyone?
post #78 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-15-2012, 08:26 AM

Go to 355nation it more active over there

• 06 Gmc Canyon reg cab
  • Under 21 MEMBER #68
  • GROUNDED 355 #96
post #79 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-25-2013, 05:13 PM

Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon Suspension
Western Chassis.
Supplying a 3 inch drop coil for the front.

07 Honda Civic LX 5spd FA5
05 Colorado z85 2wd ext cab Totaled http://coloradofans.com/forums/79-sa...ml#post2118954
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode