Re: Suspension Maxx Needs You! (Updated: 2 June, Reduced Price)
Wanted to pass along some comments from Larry at Suspension Maxx.
1. The response from Canyon/Colorado owners has been overwhelmingly positive. SM has received some orders for the front TB lift kit and many inquiries for info. Due to your support and as a way of saying Thanks, he is reducing the price on the kit for trucks with torsion bar front suspension. On the website the kit retails for $264.95. Larry originally told me if members did a group buy he would sell the kits for the same price as Summit, $199.95 + shipping. For a single buy, the price would be $220 + shipping. The $199.95 price is now good for all buys. He also said that the part number for the Canyon/Colorado kit, SMX-MCJRC should have already been on Summit Racing's website. I told him it wasn't so he is contacting their marketing department to fix this. By ordering direct from SM you eliminate the wait for Summit to process your order and submit it to Suspension Maxx. If you plan to attend either the Northeast or West Coast Super Meets, SM is going to donate several kits as door prizes.
2. The SM website is being revised. He understands that members want to be able to see info about the Canyon/Colorado on the site.
This info will become available in the near future so he asks for your patience.
3. At one time in the past, Larry became involved with one of the fullsize truck forums. His intent was to introduce those members to Suspension Maxx and gather ideas for products. His plan backfired because he couldn't devote the necessary time to answering questions and gathering responses.
With all the interest members here have shown, he doesn't want to have a repeat. He asked me on a previous occasion to serve as the SM representative on this site. I agreed since I know there aren't many aftermarket companies showing a lot of interest in our trucks and because this site has been good to me with mod info, etc. Aside from the free kit SM provided so I could do the install and writeup, I don't get anything out of this other than the satisfaction of seeing members get a product specifically designed for their truck.
I plan to ask Larry to send me a ton of free literature, etc. If you would like more info about SM, you can PM or email me and I will be happy to send it to you. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org
4. The shock extender test fit will happen real soon along with the prototype kit for the 2WD coil spring trucks. In the meantime, the lift shackle project and the lower shock mount/u-bolt plate project are still a 'GO'. I will keep you updated with new developments.
5. We have been brainstorming ideas for speeding up marketing and shipping. One idea is for all members who live east of the Mississippi River to order directly from SM in Michigan. Members in the West could order through me. This would help keep shipping costs down. I could stock kits at my location and ship as necessary. For example, if a member in Maryland wants a kit, he could call SM and place the order. The kit would ship direct from Michigan. If a member from New Mexico wanted a kit, I could ship from here in Colorado, but that person would have to call Larry, place the order and then he would have to contact me with the shipping info. So we are trying to figure out a secure way around that. I'm not sure members would feel safe giving out credit card info via email. One option would be to use PayPal.
If anyone has ideas on this, let me know.
Once again, thanks for your support of Suspension Maxx. :D
"Brownstone Bumblebee" 2016 Diesel Colorado Z71 CCSB 4X4, Brownstone Metallic
HPD and Provent 200 Catch Cans, Amsoil Fluids, MetalMan Front Differential, Engine Oil Pan, & Steering Motor Skid Plate, Undercover Swing Cases
Say No! to Wheelers's Offroad!
"I respect everyone's opinion, no matter how wrong it may be."