Wanna run 35s is this possible??? - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 09:31 PM Thread Starter

Wanna run 35s is this possible???

Is there a lift out there to where i can run 35 inch tires? LMK if so thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 11:48 PM

It might be a little helpful if you specify what you're trying to mount them under. If you have a 2wd work truck then probably not. :D

That's a pretty big tire for these trucks I think. You'll be looking at a full suspension lift as well as a body lift I THINK. I can't be sure, but I've read a ton of threads of peeps who have larger tires. Hunt around in the lifts and the tire section and you should get some ideas until people start chiming in and repeating themselves.

http://www.355nation.net/forum/wheel...ml#post1500088
This guy's signature explains his setup

Last edited by 08Canyon; 12-01-2011 at 11:53 PM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 11:57 PM
Super Moderator

It would help if you mentioned what suspention you have... W/T,Z71, Z85? Are you 2wd or 4wd? What year is the truck? There is a 5 inch kit here for the z71 PerformanceLifts.com -- CST Colorado & Canyon 5" Lift Kit - 4wd & Z-71 Only! that clear 34's, add a tb crank or 1.5 inch body lift and 35"s are possible I would think. Might require a little trimming. The CST is only available for the '04-'08 models. There are also a couple of 4 inch kits, Rancho and Tuff Country... either one of these with a 3 inch body lift and a tb crank might clear 35's. But I think these kits are for the Z71 2wd or 4wd or they might work for the z85 4wd. If your running the 4 banger, then well 35's are pretty big. And you may want to consider 4:10 gears with tires that big

2011 Colorado CC Z71 2LT 4X4 3.7L with a few mods

Last edited by GregDAP; 12-02-2011 at 12:03 AM.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 11:07 AM
Going UP!

Send a message via AIM to blurred
from reading your posts, you have a torsion bar setup. With that being said, to clear 35s, you need a minimum of 7-8" of lift.

You can do this with a 4" lift kit and a 3" body lift, a 5" lift kit and a 1.5" body lift and some cranking/cutting. OR a full crank on your bars, a body lift and some serious cutting.

Offset/backspacing of your rims will play a roll on this as well.

Engine size will also play a role as well as gears in the axel. If you have 3.73s and a 3.5, you will need a tune to be happy with how it runs on the road (highways). If you have a 4 cylinder, I would give you advice of not doing it unless you swapped to some high gears since you won't be able to turn them very well with that size engine.

Lots of variables that you haven't posted (as others have said)...

Also from reading your posts, if you want to do this cheaply, good luck depending on your opinion of cheap.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator

cheap and getting enough lift to clear 35's, the two just don't go together.

As blurred said a tune and maybe a gear ratio change(4:10's) will be needed=not cheap

2011 Colorado CC Z71 2LT 4X4 3.7L with a few mods
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 01:20 PM

Whats the front pinion gear diameter on these trucks, 7.25"? Thats a mighty small gear for 35" tires. A 4" suspension lift + 3" body lift + some trimming will get the tires on your truck though.

2012 GMC Canyon Crew Cab 4x4: leather, 5.3 V8, Dynomax exhaust, Rancho 4" suspension lift, Falken 285/75R-16s, ARB Air Lockers F/R, Warn M8000 winch, Trailgear rocksliders

Last edited by 3GMC; 12-02-2011 at 01:22 PM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 10:33 PM

Lifted 10.5" inches on 35" inch tires 20" inch wheels

4" inch suspension lift kit ( Tuff Country 14045KN )

3.5" torsion bar crank on adjustable Suspension Maxx torsion keys

3" inch body lift kit by Performance Accessories

@Inferno_Beast
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode