Rancho Lift - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-17-2016, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 10
Rancho Lift

I know it's possible to put a rancho 4inch lift over a rough country leveling kit for an 05 canyon and I was wondering if anyone out there has done this and could tell me exactly how to go about this

Last edited by Chris99whaley; 07-17-2016 at 06:58 PM.
Chris99whaley is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-18-2016, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator
 
GregDAP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Colton, CA
Posts: 4,329
Install the rancho kit. Then install the rough country leveling kit.

2011 Colorado CC Z71 2LT 4X4 3.7L with a few mods
GregDAP is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016, 07:09 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregDAP View Post
Install the rancho kit. Then install the rough country leveling kit.
Ok. But the leveling kit attaches to the truck. Wouldn't the lift mess that up?
Chris99whaley is offline  
 
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016, 09:43 AM
Super Moderator
 
GregDAP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Colton, CA
Posts: 4,329
Attaches to the truck? What do you mean? Post a link to the leveling kit. It should just be some re indexed torsion bar keys or torsion bar key spacers. All lift kits attach to the truck in some way.

How much lift are you trying to achieve? What size tires are you trying to run? And what is your budget?

2011 Colorado CC Z71 2LT 4X4 3.7L with a few mods
GregDAP is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregDAP View Post
Attaches to the truck? What do you mean? Post a link to the leveling kit. It should just be some re indexed torsion bar keys or torsion bar key spacers. All lift kits attach to the truck in some way.

How much lift are you trying to achieve? What size tires are you trying to run? And what is your budget?
http://www.roughcountry.com/gm-suspe...FYVbhgod1fwEIg
No budget. However much is fine.
At some point 33x12s
I attached a picture. Kind of want it like his. He has a 4 inch rancho and the same leveling kit. Wondering how he did it
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image_1468983511671.jpeg (82.8 KB, 22 views)
Chris99whaley is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 01:39 AM
Super Moderator
 
GregDAP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Colton, CA
Posts: 4,329
My guess is he installed the rancho kit... then install the torsion key spacers and used longer lift shackles in the rear and/or installed add a leafs.

I have the rancho kit on my truck in the front along g with the torsion bars cranked a little for another inch of lift. In the back I have the rancho lift shackles and 2" add a leafs so it looks more level. I'm running 33x11.5 tires on rims with 4.5" of backspace. If you want 12" wide tires I would get rims with around 4" of backspace


2011 Colorado CC Z71 2LT 4X4 3.7L with a few mods
GregDAP is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregDAP View Post
My guess is he installed the rancho kit... then install the torsion key spacers and used longer lift shackles in the rear and/or installed add a leafs.

I have the rancho kit on my truck in the front along g with the torsion bars cranked a little for another inch of lift. In the back I have the rancho lift shackles and 2" add a leafs so it looks more level. I'm running 33x11.5 tires on rims with 4.5" of backspace. If you want 12" wide tires I would get rims with around 4" of backspace

Alright. Thank you. And does it nose dive/ rake any?
Chris99whaley is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 05:44 PM
Super Moderator
 
GregDAP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Colton, CA
Posts: 4,329
No it sits pretty level maybe a tad higher in front but not noticeable unless you break out the tape measure. Keep in mind you can only lift the rear about 3.5"-4" after that you run into drive shaft length problems.

2011 Colorado CC Z71 2LT 4X4 3.7L with a few mods
GregDAP is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 10:40 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregDAP View Post
No it sits pretty level maybe a tad higher in front but not noticeable unless you break out the tape measure. Keep in mind you can only lift the rear about 3.5"-4" after that you run into drive shaft length problems.
Alright. Appreciate it
Chris99whaley is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregDAP View Post
My guess is he installed the rancho kit... then install the torsion key spacers and used longer lift shackles in the rear and/or installed add a leafs.

I have the rancho kit on my truck in the front along g with the torsion bars cranked a little for another inch of lift. In the back I have the rancho lift shackles and 2" add a leafs so it looks more level. I'm running 33x11.5 tires on rims with 4.5" of backspace. If you want 12" wide tires I would get rims with around 4" of backspace

Do you have any time you recommend?
Chris99whaley is offline  
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 11:38 PM
Super Moderator
 
GregDAP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Colton, CA
Posts: 4,329
Time??? What do you mean?

2011 Colorado CC Z71 2LT 4X4 3.7L with a few mods
GregDAP is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome