PEOPLE WITH HP TUNER LISTING *NOW CLICK ON MEMBER NAME TO PM - Page 2 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 153 (permalink) Old 07-06-2006, 08:26 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to Dillusion
Nothing is wrong with the 04's.

Prolly everyone with the tuner does a year/engine unlock so they can tune more vechicles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 153 (permalink) Old 07-07-2006, 04:25 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to jaronow
i am in tucson and would be down to meet you next month for the cost of the gas and i'll tune your truck bro.... i just can;t meet you for about 4 weeks cause my truck is in the shop and when it gets out i am baggin it so if you want to meet me in tucson i can tune you then or i can tune you in the begininng of august and meet you in your city

Kenwood KVT-717 in-dash dvd player
JL12W7 w/ 1200.1 mono amp
Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 w/ TI 400.2
True Flow cold air/ram air intake w/ Borla ProXS muffler
Nitrous Express Wet kit
billet servo, Raybestos 7 clutch pack, Alto Red Eagle Power Band w/ full 4L65E internals and bonded pistons
post #23 of 153 (permalink) Old 07-09-2006, 03:09 AM

Anyone want to come to CANADA!!!!

Canadian Coly Website
http://www.gtac-club.com
Victory Red, I5, Manual
Line X
Xtreme Headlights
A.R.E LSII
MagnaFlow Side Exit
2/2 Drop
FRAM Boost
Grounded Member #35

post #24 of 153 (permalink) Old 07-11-2006, 12:18 AM

Send a message via MSN to Tribez
how about vancouver canada?>

35" a/t tires
3 supercomp lights
custum roll bar 3 1/2 steel tube
red and black interior
full alpine system...sub, amps, spk, deck
3 inch body lift
axle under custum built
strait pipe exhaust
post #25 of 153 (permalink) Old 07-11-2006, 12:27 AM

I'm now in the Killeen, Ft. Hood, TX area. Anyone need a tune just drop me a line.

4X4 Colorado,crew cab.
Fram Boost Intake
50 series Flowmaster
HP tuned VCM.
JET Servo
Way more to come.

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
post #26 of 153 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 01:07 AM

Garage
Is there any people with the tuner in or around the GTA in Ontario, Canada?

Back in the scene, more to come...
post #27 of 153 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 03:19 PM

Pricing

Hey everyone

What is the pricing for tuning? Emailed EC_tune and he wants $600.00. Emailed ZQ8dude and he quoted $140.00

2005 LS Z85
2-3 drop Beltech coils and springs
Silver Birch
Magnaflow w dual out
Custom made intake
Jet Servo
post #28 of 153 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 03:21 PM

Re: Pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by valnzula
Hey everyone

What is the pricing for tuning? Emailed EC_tune and he wants $600.00. Emailed ZQ8dude and he quoted $140.00
Who is this EC_tune and what kind of tuning is he/she offering for $600? You can buy the fucking program for that much...

ZQ8Dudes price is extremely fair considering the credits for your truck cost $100 and the $40 would be his cost. I usually charge $130 + travel cost
post #29 of 153 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 03:22 PM

Wow $600...for that much money you could go and buy hptuners yourself and still have $100 left over.

ZQ8Dude's prices seem ok...its in the ballpark of what I charge.

2004 Cherry Red 3.5L CrewCab
Undercover Hard Tonneau w/Factory Bedliner
Firestone Destination A/T 31x10.5x15
AEM Brute Force
Flowmaster Super 40
Fabtech 3" Lift & Bubaloo Shackles
HPtuned
MKS 6000K HID's
Coming Soon: http://www.colorado355.com

LIFTED COLORADO CLUB MEMBER #2
post #30 of 153 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 04:45 PM

EC tune is listed for Calif. Thats what I thought for 6 bills I could buy it myself and take care of central Calif.

2005 LS Z85
Silver Birch
Magnaflow w dual out
Custom made intake
Jet Servo
post #31 of 153 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 04:48 PM

Quote:
EC tune is listed for Calif. Thats what I thought for 6 bills I could buy it myself and take care of central Calif.
Yes we can clearly see that... We want to know if he explained exactly what he would be doing for $600... most of us are only offering basic tunes that require about 5-10mins of actual programing and thats all hence the cheap prices.
post #32 of 153 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 06:17 PM

Yeah, EC Tune is a damned good tuner. He is probably talking about a true VE tune along with the regular partial tune. Thats hooking in a wideband, putting the truck in SD and tuning out the various VE tables for a good smooth A/F ratio along with spark tables and then recalibrating the MAF to the new VE tables. That kinda tuning requires quite a bit of time as a lot of datalogging/programming has to be done .

05 red zq8 reg cab 5 spd, HPTuner, billet grill+bumper insert, traction springs, zex nitrous kit, Bruteforce intake, Kicker 10" sub, MA Audio amp, belltech 2/3 drop, air shocks, 6000K HID kit, silverstar fog lights, North Carolina tuning with HPTUNER available. PM me for details and pricing.
post #33 of 153 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a91sdime
Yeah, EC Tune is a damned good tuner. He is probably talking about a true VE tune along with the regular partial tune. Thats hooking in a wideband, putting the truck in SD and tuning out the various VE tables for a good smooth A/F ratio along with spark tables and then recalibrating the MAF to the new VE tables. That kinda tuning requires quite a bit of time as a lot of datalogging/programming has to be done .
See I didn't know who that was or what he/she did... hence me asking twice. Thanks for finally giving me an anwser... sometimes it's like pulling teeth here to get a simple response from some people.
post #34 of 153 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNA03
Quote:
Yes we can clearly see that... We want to know if he explained exactly what he would be doing for $600... most of us are only offering basic tunes that require about 5-10mins of actual programing and thats all hence the cheap prices.
Here is his reply

I will tune the VE & MAF tables Spark, Transmission (auto) or CAGS delete (Manual), and dyno test before & after for $650.

If you put an extra o2 sensor bung in ahead of the cat I will wideband tune it for you as well.

I use the DynoJet facilities of LA Performance in Chatsworth.
Call Al Carreon (general manager) or myself at 818-998-3966 M-F 9-5 if you want to schedule an appointment.

2005 LS Z85
Silver Birch
Magnaflow w dual out
Custom made intake
Jet Servo
post #35 of 153 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 08:23 PM

Still seems like alot of money to me, maybe for like $300 I might bite...IMO buy the software yourself and then you can tune it till your hearts content.

2004 Cherry Red 3.5L CrewCab
Undercover Hard Tonneau w/Factory Bedliner
Firestone Destination A/T 31x10.5x15
AEM Brute Force
Flowmaster Super 40
Fabtech 3" Lift & Bubaloo Shackles
HPtuned
MKS 6000K HID's
Coming Soon: http://www.colorado355.com

LIFTED COLORADO CLUB MEMBER #2
post #36 of 153 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 11:37 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Hannibal
It's funny how people are jumping all over what EC_Tune charges for his tunes. He was the one that tuned my truck and YES I did pay the $650.00. Let me explain to you my thought process in doing this. Prior to me getting it done I did ALOT OF READING!!! I read every post on here that had anything to do with tuning. I also went over to HPTuners.com and read everything I could on there in reference to tuning our Trucks both on the motor and transmission. It seemed to me that there were alot of people just guessing at what to do or trying this or that and seeing what happens. This truck is my daily driver of which logs around 150 miles every day!! I did not want to risk screwing something up. So I started doing my search in looking for a tuner to tune my truck. I started a thread "Anyone with an HP tuner in Southern California" I was contacted by foff667 (Bill) and he turned me on to EC_Tune (Doug). The first question that I asked BOTH of these guys was this. It seems that $650.00 is a little high of a price when you could buy the software for that price. But with that being said how USER FRIENDLY is that software to use??? Now keep this in mind. I was looking to get my truck tuned by the BEST POSSIBLE tuner that I could find. I wanted a tune that was set the first time and not have to be messed with again. Both of their replys were close to the same. "YES YOU ARE CORRECT" you could purchase the software for that price. But you need to look at one thing. Credits needed to tune my truck for Doug $100.00. Now the remaining $550.00 was for the Dyno tuning time/Road tuning time/Shops fees/Him getting paid for the EIGHT and I say again 8 hours that HE spent tuning my truck. I'm not to sure how many of you have checked into Dyno time where you're at but around here where I'm at it ranges anywhere from $75.00 to $150.00 per hour. Of which my truck was on the Dyno for ruffly 2 to 2 1/2 hours total time.

So say what you wish do what you want. But I'll tell you this I am SUPER HAPPY with the tune that was performed on my truck. I took ONE DAY, 8 hours of my time, and I'm still not running around guessing if this will work or not......... just my $.02

A veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.
post #37 of 153 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 05:28 AM

i've been reading about these tuners...and i'm not quite understanding them completly. do you have to pay ofr it everytime you tune? i guess what i'm asking is what's a "credit?" this sounds like something i would really like to get in to....unless of course someone is out in the KS/MO area.

http://www.oomph-supernova.com

05 Xtreme extended cab, 3.5L Auto
KN CAI
Jet Servo
Borla ProXS
Extang RT
post #38 of 153 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal
It's funny how people are jumping all over what EC_Tune charges for his tunes. He was the one that tuned my truck and YES I did pay the $650.00. Let me explain to you my thought process in doing this. Prior to me getting it done I did ALOT OF READING!!! I read every post on here that had anything to do with tuning. I also went over to HPTuners.com and read everything I could on there in reference to tuning our Trucks both on the motor and transmission. It seemed to me that there were alot of people just guessing at what to do or trying this or that and seeing what happens. This truck is my daily driver of which logs around 150 miles every day!! I did not want to risk screwing something up. So I started doing my search in looking for a tuner to tune my truck. I started a thread "Anyone with an HP tuner in Southern California" I was contacted by foff667 (Bill) and he turned me on to EC_Tune (Doug). The first question that I asked BOTH of these guys was this. It seems that $650.00 is a little high of a price when you could buy the software for that price. But with that being said how USER FRIENDLY is that software to use??? Now keep this in mind. I was looking to get my truck tuned by the BEST POSSIBLE tuner that I could find. I wanted a tune that was set the first time and not have to be messed with again. Both of their replys were close to the same. "YES YOU ARE CORRECT" you could purchase the software for that price. But you need to look at one thing. Credits needed to tune my truck for Doug $100.00. Now the remaining $550.00 was for the Dyno tuning time/Road tuning time/Shops fees/Him getting paid for the EIGHT and I say again 8 hours that HE spent tuning my truck. I'm not to sure how many of you have checked into Dyno time where you're at but around here where I'm at it ranges anywhere from $75.00 to $150.00 per hour. Of which my truck was on the Dyno for ruffly 2 to 2 1/2 hours total time.

So say what you wish do what you want. But I'll tell you this I am SUPER HAPPY with the tune that was performed on my truck. I took ONE DAY, 8 hours of my time, and I'm still not running around guessing if this will work or not......... just my $.02
Yeah... i get you. I'd still want the software/program for that price. ;)
post #39 of 153 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 02:32 PM

spie555, I'm in the SW Kansas City area, and we just ordered our tuner. PM me and maybe we can set something up.

2004 Colorado 2wd LS Crew Cab Z71 - I5, 1SB
1968 Corvette Convertible - 327, Auto, Fun.
post #40 of 153 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to Dillusion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_in_KC
spie555, I'm in the SW Kansas City area, and we just ordered our tuner. PM me and maybe we can set something up.
Does this mean you want me to add you to the list?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode