Changing the oil in 5 cylinder - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon

ColoradoFans.com is the premier Colorado Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2008, 08:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Changing the oil in 5 cylinder

I changed the oil today picked up five quart jug and filter thought that would be enough my truck ended up taking like six quarts luckly had extra jug of same oil. Just wondered if the normally take this much oil its as much as my old v-8 and tried to reset the oil system it said to turn the key hit the stub til oil life shows so i did and it was flashing it said to hold til it reset to 100% and it will beep well i held it and it just showed the oil life word there then it stopped flashing im thinking it reset it but i heard no beep.
Thanks
ls86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2008, 09:05 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to XJDesertFox
Default Re: Changing the oil in 5 cylinder

if you read the fucking manual its 6 qts
XJDesertFox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2008, 09:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yeah, 6 quarts is normal. You won't hear the beep if your chimes are disabled, and why is this post in the 'Performance Tuning' forum?
2005 Z71 LS Crew Cab 4X4 L52, 4L60E, GT4, Silver Birch Metallic MAXX Shackles: http://www.355nation.net/forum/suspe...here-here.html MAXX Cam JR Lift Kit for 4X4 & 2WD Z71: http://www.355nation.net/forum/suspe...ering-kit.html
MAXX Stak Lift Kit for 2WD: http://www.355nation.net/forum/suspe...t-numbers.html PerforMAXX Body Lift: http://www.355nation.net/forum/suspe...y-spacers.html
ssgjurista is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2008, 10:13 PM   #4 (permalink)

Sorry about the post in wrong section done the post in a hurry but thanks for the answer i appreciate it. And XJDesertFox i looked over the manual i must have overlooked it i havent had the time to sit down and read it page for page because of working all the time so yeah i probably over looked it but since it was such a horrible thing i wont be posting here for your comments anymore if you thought i was such a idiot you didnt have to post something like you did but thanks ssgjurista and sorry for the wrong section.
ls86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2008, 10:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to XJDesertFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls86
Sorry about the post in wrong section done the post in a hurry but thanks for the answer i appreciate it. And XJDesertFox i looked over the manual i must have overlooked it i havent had the time to sit down and read it page for page because of working all the time so yeah i probably over looked it but since it was such a horrible thing i wont be posting here for your comments anymore if you thought i was such a idiot you didnt have to post something like you did but thanks ssgjurista and sorry for the wrong section.

its under the "changiing your oil" section

and RTFM is a saying.
XJDesertFox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2008, 12:25 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Live and learn. Sometimes you just need a thick skin. Lots of times you can find the answer to a question just by using Search. You'll get the hang of what forum to put your post in. And yeah, does exist. Its in the view more smilies.
2005 Z71 LS Crew Cab 4X4 L52, 4L60E, GT4, Silver Birch Metallic MAXX Shackles: http://www.355nation.net/forum/suspe...here-here.html MAXX Cam JR Lift Kit for 4X4 & 2WD Z71: http://www.355nation.net/forum/suspe...ering-kit.html
MAXX Stak Lift Kit for 2WD: http://www.355nation.net/forum/suspe...t-numbers.html PerforMAXX Body Lift: http://www.355nation.net/forum/suspe...y-spacers.html
ssgjurista is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2009, 08:44 PM   #7 (permalink)

yes it takes 6 quarts
and mine does the same thing ii dont worry bout reseting it bc it doesnt have an oil light r anything i just change it every 3 thousand miles r so
Quote:
I changed the oil today picked up five quart jug and filter thought that would be enough my truck ended up taking like six quarts luckly had extra jug of same oil. Just wondered if the normally take this much oil its as much as my old v-8 and tried to reset the oil system it said to turn the key hit the stub til oil life shows so i did and it was flashing it said to hold til it reset to 100% and it will beep well i held it and it just showed the oil life word there then it stopped flashing im thinking it reset it but i heard no beep.
Thanks
t.sedlock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2009, 09:52 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to rangerbob

Welcome back dead thread.......
Cat Gut| 3 x Lightforce Blitz | eFan | PCMforless <- very unhappy
1.5" TB/AAL/1" BL | Fold-A-Cover | Line-X OTR | Brake Box
rangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2009, 07:22 PM   #9 (permalink)

Lighten up dude
wpage505 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.