2015 Colorado Fender flares by Bushwacker at CARiD - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-15-2015, 08:48 AM Thread Starter

2015 Colorado Fender flares by Bushwacker at CARiD

Hi everyone,
we have good news for 2nd gen Colorado owners! Off-road fender flares for your trucks are now available at CARiD. They are made by one of the most popular fender flare manufacturer Bushwacker. These Pocket style flares come in OE matte black finish and available for both 62.7 and 74.0 beds

Let's take a look:

Bushwacker® - Pocket Style™ Fender Flares

Front Flare Tire Coverage: 1.50 in.
Rear Flare Tire Coverage: 1.50 in.
Front Flare Height: 5.50 in.
Rear Flare Height: 5.50 in.

These fender flares come either in sets of 4 or in sets of 2, if you only need them for the back or the front of your truck.

Mounting kit comes in set!

These are in stock as of right now, inquire for the price quotes in the comments below! Don't forget to include your shipping zip!
drewabbs likes this.

Chevy Colorado http://www.carid.com/chevy-colorado-accessories/

Call Toll Free: 800.505.3274 | Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | myCARiD | YouTube
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-15-2015, 09:20 AM

Garage
Any idea if they intend to build some specifically for the Canyon styling?
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-15-2015, 09:30 AM

Garage
I'll have to get a set of these for my Colorado Z71 Trail Boss!!! I have it leveled but I need to lift it and widen the stance to fill those things out first. They look fantastic! What will it take to get a set of four for a short bed? My Zip is 68123.

"If you want it to happen, get yo but up and make it happen! I DON'T EXPECT ANYONE ELSE TO BELIEVE IN MY DREAM LIKE I BELIEVE IN MY DREAM! THIS IS MY DREAM! Rise and Grind."

Last edited by STRONG ARCHER; 10-15-2015 at 10:06 AM.

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-16-2015, 05:40 AM Thread Starter

Agree, these fender flares look really awesome on a Colorado.
They come with a free shipping, so here is your quote for a set of 4 fender flares (Front and rear):

Subtotal: $499.99
Shipping cost: $0.00
TOTAL: $499.99

You can order them from this link: Bushwacker® - Chevy Colorado 2015 Pocket Style? Fender Flares
Or by phone at 800-505-3274

Unfortunately Bushwacker did not specify if they are going to make set specifically for Canyon, but we will update you on the forum as soon as we get any news.
STRONG ARCHER likes this.

post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-16-2015, 06:49 AM

How about a price for my laser blue... 16507
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-09-2015, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserbluebaby View Post
How about a price for my laser blue... 16507
The price for a complete set of 4 pieces will be the same:
Shipping cost: $0.00
TOTAL: $499.99

All PM replied!

Great news, we have launched a new promo on Bushwacker fender flares!

Purchase a set of four (4) Bushwacker Fender Flares and get a $50 American Express Reward Card. Hurry up, this offer is valid from November 1 through December 30, 2015.
Please complete American Residents PDF form or Canadian Residents PDF form below and follow instructions to receive your gift card.

post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-09-2015, 11:50 AM

Any images of what these look like on the driver's side of a short bed Colorado with the gas tank cover? Guessing the design cuts out and curious about it before I pull the trigger on these as I can't stand how some other brands have handled. Thanks.
CrashFix likes this.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-10-2015, 03:06 AM Thread Starter

Unfortunately the manufacturer did not provide a picture of the driver side rear flare. You can check the pictures of the forum members here who already have the flares installed.

You can check out the passenger side rear flare too:

Ghost_Canyon likes this.

post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-10-2015, 08:43 AM

CarID,
I haven't seen any posts on this and got a "try and see" message from Weathertech, but any chance you know or have heard if these would work with the Weathertech no-drill mudflaps? I currently have the non-fender flare versions but curious if their other option for factory flares installed would work with these. Bushwacker said universal (drilled) ones would work but I'd prefer to not go that route if I don't have to. Thanks.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-11-2015, 06:49 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarID View Post
They come with a free shipping, so here is your quote

Unfortunately Bushwacker did not specify if they are going to make set specifically for Canyon, but we will update you on the forum as soon as we get any news.
Could you quote a price for Colorado SB flares to area code T5E 5E8 please.
Thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikeDoss View Post
Any images of what these look like on the driver's side of a short bed Colorado with the gas tank cover? Guessing the design cuts out and curious about it before I pull the trigger on these as I can't stand how some other brands have handled. Thanks.
It does seem kind of strange that they don't show a photo of the D.S rear flare for the shortbed's, after all the gas tank cover is the only reason they require two versions.,.,..,

Quote:
Originally Posted by builtbybill View Post
This is from from Bushwacker:

Hello Bill,
Unfortunately the Colorado flares are not compatible with the Canyon. We are expecting the Canyon flares to be ready sometime at the end of this year.
Thanks for the update @builtbybill

Quote:
CarID,
I haven't seen any posts on this and got a "try and see" message from Weathertech, but any chance you know or have heard if these would work with the Weathertech no-drill mudflaps? I currently have the non-fender flare versions but curious if their other option for factory flares installed would work with these. Bushwacker said universal (drilled) ones would work but I'd prefer to not go that route if I don't have to. Thanks.
I don't think it's very likely either version of the Weathetech mudflap (or GM flaps) will work with these flares. Nice to see Weathertech was so helpful with your request for product info! But to be fair, I wouldn't expect them to know how their product fits with that of another manufacturer. I wouldn't be to concerned with drilling to install mudflaps on these flares. Their not metal, so the rusting concerns is not there like it would be drilling into the trucks box or fender.

Anyone know how these flares install, is it just with two sided tape, or is it with some sort of mechanical fasteners?

2015 Canyon SLT | 4WD | CC | SB | V6 | Summit White | Blk Leather | Nav | Bose | Safety Pkg | Remote Start | 5" Blk Assist Steps | GM Splash Guards | OBDLink MX Bluetooth Adapter & Torque Pro Software | Bull Ring Tie Downs | X-Pel Clear Film (Door Sill & Rear Lower Box) | Husky X-act Contour Front & Back Floor Mats | Z71/All-Terrain Transfer Case Skid Plate | SuperSkidz Front Skid Plate | Rocker Pinch Welds Blacked Out | Debadged | Blizzacks (For Winter)
How to Search vBulletin.org effectively
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-11-2015, 07:20 AM Thread Starter

Here is the quote including the shipping cost to T5E 5E8

Shipping cost: $173.09
TOTAL: $673.08
Shipping time 10-14 business days
There will be additional charges on the border, brokerage fees and duty since it's an international shipment.
You can read more about Canadian shipping terms here.

post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-11-2015, 09:24 AM

Garage
Quote:
Here is the quote including the shipping cost to T5E 5E8

Shipping cost: $173.09
TOTAL: $673.08
Shipping time 10-14 business days
There will be additional charges on the border, brokerage fees and duty since it's an international shipment.
You can read more about Canadian shipping terms here.

Thanks for the quick reply on the quote.

As suspected the "free shipping" statement on the previous quotes should not be assumed to be a blanket statement for all member of the forum. I.E. Canadians

Got to love that North American Free Trade Agreement!

2015 Canyon SLT | 4WD | CC | SB | V6 | Summit White | Blk Leather | Nav | Bose | Safety Pkg | Remote Start | 5" Blk Assist Steps | GM Splash Guards | OBDLink MX Bluetooth Adapter & Torque Pro Software | Bull Ring Tie Downs | X-Pel Clear Film (Door Sill & Rear Lower Box) | Husky X-act Contour Front & Back Floor Mats | Z71/All-Terrain Transfer Case Skid Plate | SuperSkidz Front Skid Plate | Rocker Pinch Welds Blacked Out | Debadged | Blizzacks (For Winter)
How to Search vBulletin.org effectively

Last edited by CrashFix; 11-11-2015 at 09:27 AM.
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-11-2015, 09:37 AM

Garage
As of today, there are no forum members who were brave enough to buy and install them on a short bed.

I don't think anyone is going to buy them for a short bed if they are so ugly that they refuse to supply a picture. Heck, that side could even be in 2 pieces with a skinny filler piece in between.

A good dealer would buy a set, color match them, install them in a You Tube video, and measure the reduction in front and rear wheel well to tire clearance so prospective buyers could evaluate them before spending hard earned cash. Oh, and then he would post a pic of the driver's side short bed rear flare clearly showing how they implemented the gas flap clearance cut on the forums. Just saying...

Quote:
Unfortunately the manufacturer did not provide a picture of the driver side rear flare. You can check the pictures of the forum members here who already have the flares installed.

You can check out the passenger side rear flare too:

2015 Colorado Z71 | Black | CC | SB | 2wd | 3.6 | Bose | Nav | Tow | Factory Spray On Bedliner | LED Bed Lighting | 30" Rigid LED Lightbar | G4 Fold-a-Cover & Caddy | Dash Cam/Rear Cam | Ready Lift 2" Front with Sway Bar Blocks | Auto Spring Add A Leaf | BFG KO2 265/70 17

Last edited by savagebob; 11-11-2015 at 09:56 AM.
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-11-2015, 12:11 PM

I'm going to bite the bullet and give them a try since can always return them and just be out the shipping. I didn't care for the quality of the Smittybilt compared to these and EGR had 2" protection ones which might work better for me (have 0 offset on 255/65/17 wheels but thinking about 265/70/17 Toyos once originals wear out) has in my opinion a horrible curve on the backside. Also fear that 2" might be pushing it to what someone described as a Tonka truck look especially if I am 1-2 years out from new tires. I am too impatient to wait for local stores to get these in at the end of this month/early December since my kickback is horrible right now (see pic). Looks like they will ship in the next 2 days so expect to have them early next week. I will hold up and take pics once I get them for others to get an idea. Still on the fence color matching or not considering the matte black seems different than my side steps and air dam/bumper/stock plastic but at the same time would be more resistant matte than painted.
CarID likes this.

Last edited by PikeDoss; 01-31-2016 at 05:49 PM.
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015, 11:32 AM

Just got them in today and kinda on the fence still, but feeling if I keep them, they would look best color matched. I'm wanting to like them as I need the coverage protection or I'd be happier without them and the cost. Attached is the gas tank side so people can see the cut out. Please note I have these clipped on the best I could as I'm holding off on installing until I make up my mind and didn't mess with the bolts yet. Thoughts and opinions gladly welcomed.
CarID, savagebob and Speedtorch like this.

Last edited by PikeDoss; 03-03-2016 at 03:37 PM.
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015, 11:49 AM

I agree they need to be color matched.

2016 GMC Canyon SLE
All-Terrain
Black Exhaust Tip
GMC Mud Flaps
Tech Armor MyLink Shield
Cardinal Red

post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015, 11:59 AM

Garage
Quote:
Just got them in today and kinda on the fence still, but feeling if I keep them, they would look best color matched. I'm wanting to like them as I need the coverage protection or I'd be happier without them and the cost. Attached is the gas tank side so people can see the cut out. Please note I have these clipped on the best I could as I'm holding off on installing until I make up my mind and didn't mess with the bolts yet. Thoughts and opinions gladly welcomed.
Thanks for posting the pics! I was wondering how they'd look with stock tire size. I don't think the gas cover cutout looks bad at all. Much better than I was expecting. I'm thinking color matched would be nice also. I have a Laser Blue long bed on order and I've been trying to decide between the OEM flares w/ WeatherTech mudflaps or these and yet to be determined mudflaps.
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedtorch View Post
Thanks for posting the pics! I was wondering how they'd look with stock tire size. I don't think the gas cover cutout looks bad at all. Much better than I was expecting. I'm thinking color matched would be nice also. I have a Laser Blue long bed on order and I've been trying to decide between the OEM flares w/ WeatherTech mudflaps or these and yet to be determined mudflaps.
The WeatherTech flaps look and worked great until the new wheels. If I keep the flares, I might see how everything goes with them for a while before researching mudflaps again. Other reason I feel painting might be a must is these arrived slightly scuffed up (not cut or anything) in a few places and just water and a rag didn't do much. I'm guessing the bolts might improve the look as they probably compliment the rivet design in the wheels. In my opinion, the matte black looks kinda dull and cheap compared the the EGR flares Tilley put on his truck, but still like the cutout on these more.
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015, 02:00 PM

Just wanted to add after talking with a paint shop, these came ready to prime and paint versus being optional in his opinion. Might be something to keep in mind for those not wanting to paint as this might be why I felt the finish looked cheap and dull on these compared to others with a textured matte black.
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015, 02:19 PM

Quote:
I think they'll look great once color matched and the rivets are in place. If you have second thoughts after that I'm sure you'll find a buyer on here somewhere.

Mods: hood protector | in-channel visors | tinted windows | LED Headlights | LED interior lights | LED footwell lights | brake controller | painted bow-ties | debadged | bump step | terrain hx steps | painted calipers | painted interior trim | seat covers | Z71 grille | AT3 Falkens
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode