Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

TIP: Changing Remote Door Lock Indicators (RFA Modes)

79K views 66 replies 56 participants last post by  omer 
#1 ·
Remote Feedback Modes
Won't help much to :rtfm , but on Page 2-6 of The owners Manual it is mentioned.

I did some major work over at the dealership and after the DIC not wanting to accept the changes to make the horn chirp when locking the doors using the remote keyless entry, here is what we found out you do.

Automatic Door locks

1. With the vehicles engine off, and the ignition in the LOCK position. (You possibly also need the doors locked.)
2. Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons on the remote keyless entry transmitter at the same time until the DIC displays the current remote feedback mode (RFA1 is default from factory).

3. Then press and hold the odometer reset stem for approximately two seconds to switch between modes.

RFA 1 - DIC display. (Default)
The parking lights will flash when you press the lock and unlock buttons on the remote keyless entry transmitter.

RFA 2 - DIC display.
The parking lights will flash when you press the lock and unlock buttons on the remote keyless entry transmitter and the horn will chirp when the lock button is pressed.

RFA 3 - DIC display.
The parking lights will flash and the horn will chirp when you press the lock and unlock buttons on the transmitter.

RFA 4 - DIC display.
There is no feedback when you press the lock and unlock buttons on the remote keyless entry transmitter. This means no flashing lights or horn chip at all when locking vehicle.

4. Once your selection is made, press the trip odometer reset stem QUICKLY ! The DIC should go blank at this point.

This is the part they don't tell you and that we found out by ourselves. We are 95% sure, this is the only way we could have the computer save the setting. 2 members have made it work this way.

I hope this info serves a good porpose and is well appreciated. ::chevy::

See less See more
#2 ·
So is the save option pressing the trip reset button momentarily for sure now?

#3 ·
kdeatrick said:
So is the save option pressing the trip reset button momentarily for sure now?
well im not for sure..the dealers online guide tells how to do it all but how to save it..the service guy and me spent an hour figuring out how to get it to save with no avail..then he hit the reset stem quickly after i made my selection, the DIC whent black..pulled the key, shut the door, and it worked..so thats the only thing i could think of that did it..y is it now working for u?

#7 ·
It worked!. The only thing that needs to be added to the instructions is that you need to have the doors in the locked position before you start the process. I tried it with them unlocked and nothing happened. But thanks for the info. I never would have figured it out without those instructions. But one other question: does anyone else have a horn volume that is noticeably low? I have never heard a horn that sounds so muted? Am I the only one experiencing this?

#12 ·
2004t1colorado.......I did a search of all your threads and couldn't find it. If you do, let me know the date/time so I can refer to it. I've re-read the manual and can not find any place where it tells u how to open up all the doors with one push of a button.

On a side note, how do u like your soft Colorado tonneau? Does yours fit square?

#15 ·
Thanks! I too tried to find this in the "Manual", now I'll I want to do is set up perimeter lighting, change the color on my DIC, and find the setting that changes my I4 to an I5!

#17 ·
2005 Owner Manual Pg. 3-38 said:
Remote Keyless Entry Feedback
This feature allows you to program your remote keyless entry feedback to a preferred setting.

To set your choice for this feature, perform the
following steps:

1. With the engine off, turn the key to LOCK.
2. Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons on the remote keyless entry transmitter at the same time.
Hold both buttons until the DIC display shows
the current remote keyless entry feedback mode.
3. To view the next available mode, press and hold the reset stem for approximately two seconds.
Release the reset stem and press and hold again to
view each mode.
4. Once the desired mode is shown on the DIC
display, briefly press the reset stem to set your
choice. The DIC display will then clear.
The following are the available modes:

RFA 1 (default):
This mode flashes the parking lamps when you press the lock or unlock buttons on the remote keyless entry transmitter.

RFA 2:
This mode flashes the parking lamps and sounds the horn when you press the lock button on the remote keyless entry transmitter. This mode also flashes the parking lamps when you press the unlock button on the remote keyless entry transmitter.

RFA 3:
This mode flashes the parking lamps and sounds the horn when you press the lock or unlock buttons on the remote keyless entry transmitter.

RFA 4:
This mode disables remote keyless entry feedback. There will be no feedback when you press the lock or unlock buttons on the remote keyless entry transmitter.

3-38

#21 ·
I have the 2005 models Manual page pasted above. I see nothing about the door be left open.
The original post was for the 2004 model.

#23 ·
Just changed the setting on my 05 and the directions worked great!! Thanks.. now my horn honks :)

Ryan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.